Find a Physician
Coffee Regional Medical Center surgeons have experience in the full range of general surgery, including the following procedures:
- Balloon and stent placement
- Bowel resection for obstruction, including laparoscopic resection of the colon
- Breast mass biopsy and excision
- Carotid artery endartectomy
- Chest tube placement
- Clot removal
- Dialysis catheter placement and hemodialysis access
- Gallbladder surgery
- Hernia surgery
- Lesion (benign and malignant) excision
- Liver biopsy
- Pacemaker placement
- Ports, catheters, and vascular access for chemotherapy and other intravenous medication delivery
- Pulmonary resection
- Varicose vein ablation and sclerotherapy
- Vascular surgery
- Wound care
Perioperative services, located on the second floor of the CRMC, include what surgery patients need from the time they are scheduled to enter the hospital, clinic or doctor’s office until they are discharged and go home.
- PreAdmission Testing. Patients requiring general or regional anesthesia must come to the PreAdmission Testing (PAT) office on the second floor several days prior to surgery to speak with a nurse and/or anesthesiologist regarding their health status and to have any tests or X-rays ordered by their physician. When the doctor schedules a patient’s surgery, he or she will also schedule this PreAdmission Testing.
- Post Anesthesia Care. After surgery, patients are taken to the five-bed Post Anesthesia Care Unit (PACU) to recover from anesthesia under the care of qualified, specially trained registered nurses, who monitor the patient’s breathing, blood pressure, pain, and other aspects until the patient is ready to be transferred to the appropriate nursing unit or next level of care. Patients who will be going home are returned to a private room in the Ambulatory Surgery Unit for further monitoring and care before discharge.